The purpose of your first visit is to allow the doctor to establish a clinical impression of your condition to determine if chiropractic care might benefit you and to assess whether further diagnostics are necessary.
Here is what you can expect on your first visit:
- Completion of paperwork to allow the doctor to familiarize himself with your health history and the condition for which you desire care.
- Complimentary Consultation with the doctor to discuss the condition(s) which prompted you to schedule your appointment.
- Examination by the doctor to evaluate your symptoms and to determine if chiropractic care is appropriate in your case. X-Rays may be needed which the doctor will determine after your exam.
- Allow 45 minutes to an hour for you first appointment.
*Does not include x-rays or adjustments
Patients find the two-visit approach desirable because it avoids an extremely long first visit and gives time to formulate questions for the doctor.
Here is what you can expect during your second visit:
- The doctor will discuss and review your clinical and x-ray examination findings with you and let you know if any additional testing or medical referral might be necessary to full asses your condition.
- Any questions about your condition, treatment, and prognosis will be addressed.
- The doctor will recommend a plan of treatment which will help you to achieve your health-improvement goals.
- Once you have decided to continue with care, you will receive your first adjustment.
- Allow 45 minutes to an hour for your second appointment.